Becoming an official member of the People’s Congress adds you to our mailing list, affirms that you support the Mission and Vision of the People’s Congress, grants you certain Rights and Duties and confirms that you will abide by its non violent principles. Member donations enable the People’s Congress to organize, grow, and to hold events. There are two categories of membership in the People’s Congress. There is no fee for membership.
- If you are an American citizen age 18 or older who agrees with our Mission and Vision, you are eligible to join the People’s Congress as a Member. You can join by mail or online.
- Simply fill out and submit this Membership form.
- Young people ages 16 and 17 may also join and become Youth Members. Youth Members must provide parental or guardian information and signature.
Rights of People’s Congress Members:
- Take a full and active part in the discussion, formulation and implementation of the tactics and strategies, plans and policies of the People’s Congress.
- Receive and impart information on all aspects of the People’s Congress activities.
- Offer criticism through many channels of communication of any member, official, policy, program or activity of the People’s Congress.
- Vote in all elections within the organization.
- Be elected to any committee, structure, commission or delegation of the People’s Congress.
- Submit proposals or statements to the People’s Congress staff members, board members, committees, working groups, or any elected individual.
Duties of People’s Congress Members:
- All members shall ensure that they are registered voters in the state where they live. Youth Members are exempt from this duty until the voting age is lowered to allow 16 and 17 year-olds to vote.
- All People’s Congress members agree to refrain from violence and to use only peaceful methods to bring about the Mission and Vision of the People’s Congress. Under some circumstances, based on your judgment, violence in self-defense may be an exception to this principle of non-violent tactics and strategies.
- Truthfully represent yourself as a member with your legal name, address and citizenship identification.
- Pursue your interests and issues, using your skills, knowledge and energy, with your favored tactics and strategies, within the Mission and Vision of the People’s Congress.
- Please print then fill out this Membership Application Form.
- Sign and date the completed application.
- Mail your Membership application with a COPY of your current valid voter registration card OR your current United States passport OR birth certificate OR drivers license.
The People’s Congress
P.O. Box 2193
Scotia, NY 12302-2821
- Fill out this Online Membership Application. and submit the application.
- E-mail a photo copy of your current valid voter registration card OR your current United States passport OR birth certificate OR drivers license to email@example.com Please include your name and address for verification, in the e-mail.
A completed laminated membership card will be sent to your billing address as soon as your payment and membership application has been processed.
This will lead you to the Alliance for Global Justice, our fiscal sponsors. Please use their donate button to select us from the list of fiscal projects, then make your donation. They retain 7% for their services and return 93% of your donations to us for financing the People’s Congress.